1. NRA: An armed man is a Citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
Answer: A citizen is a man who holds rights and fulfills responsibilities; a man who holds a gun is nothing more than that: a man who holds a gun.
2. NRA: What part of “shall not be infringed” do you not understand?
Answer: What part of “well REGULATED” do you not understand?
3. NRA: 64,999,987 gun owners killed no one yesterday.
Answer: 60% of murders and 30% of accidental deaths were gun related yesterday.
4. NRA: The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.
Answer: Wrong. The American Revolution would have never happened without courageous men who persuaded others with their ideas, not their guns.
5. NRA: You only have rights you are willing to fight for.
Answer: The rights we have were earned by Americans fighting for them with courage and moral force, not the false power of lethal force.